Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Dog Quilt for Bones >

Dog Quilt for Bones

Dog Quilt for Bones

Old 12-21-2007, 06:51 AM

Chele:
Bones is darling and your quilt is adorable. What great fabric and what cool ideas you had in arranging them. If Bones is like the 6 weiner dogs we've had in our family over the years, his blankey is pretty important to him. Our dogs always loved being "tucked in." Does Bones?

Thanks for sharing. Good job and cute puppy.
Merry Christmas to all,
Feathers
Old 12-22-2007, 07:58 AM

Oh I have one of the sweet dashounds....and you know they love to cover up. Bones is lucky to have a new quilt to snuggle up in. Love our Miss Molly.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:03 AM

I was just discussing with our dog this moring that I will have to make him his own special quilt. Thanks for the idea sample.. you did a GREAT job!
Old 12-22-2007, 06:07 PM

Oh, my goodness! That is the cutest quilt!!! What a clever idea!! I love the fabric/patterns!!

Looks like the Bones is loving it, too!! :D
Old 12-22-2007, 06:54 PM

That quilt is adorable. I love the fabric you used for it!
Old 12-23-2007, 08:15 PM

Cute quilt Chele - guess I should make 1 for our cat - ONLY he has taken over his Pop's "nap" blanket and we all know how cats are about things -EVERYTHING is THEIRS!!!! Don't think he would notice or pay any attention to the fact that "this blanket is yours" idea!!!!

Everyday - except when pouring/snowing/icing I walk with my neighbor and her 2 dachsunds. One of our neighbors told us that it is a TRUE friend who would be seen out walking one of those wieners!!! Now THAT was RUDE!!! Your baby is indeed very lucky to have been able to train you so well!
Old 12-24-2007, 01:10 AM

Feathers, as you may guess by the photo in my avatar, our big bad Doberman Mahana liked to be covered up, even if it was a sheet in the summer. Even though she's passed on, her example lives on! The two we've now got are just not happy in bed unless they are UNDER THE COVERS WITH ME! It's really great in the winter, summer is another story. :mrgreen:
Old 12-26-2007, 05:44 PM

I'm so glad that I'm not the only quilter who makes quits for pets. When my daughter got her yorkie puppy I made a turning twenty quilt for him. It was so pretty that she wouldn't let him sleep on it, it just covered his crate. So I had to use the leftover scraps to make him a mini quilt to sleep on.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:49 PM

Thank you to all who praised the dog quilt. You guys are so sweet. Bones still loves "MY" quilt, but I keep pushing his quilt on him! He really prefers a warm lap, but I must say he gets excited if I'm going to sit down with a quilt! I should do it more often. Happy quilting! Make more!
Old 12-26-2007, 09:47 PM

i posted already how much i like the fabric in your dog quilt. but i have looked at it several times, i keep coming back to take another peek, and i must tell you that every time i see it i like it more. the fabric is to die for. the quilt is too adorable, when your dog gets tired of it you can send it along to me :wink: . i don't have a dog but i can see me wrapped up in it. :!: :lol: :!: