Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Dogs & Frogs #3 is FINISHED!! ~ 1st Time FMQ ~ Don't look too close!!!

Quote Originally Posted by newbee View Post
    Great quilts! I love that you didn't do much fussy cutting on the triangles in the first quilt. I have TONS of triangles of novelty fabric and this gave me a great idea for how to use them. Thanks for sharing!!
    Thanks, newbee!! Yes, I do NO fussy cutting at all ever!! It's best to let it fall naturally wherever the cut may be (IMHO)!! Looks natural then! Glad you got some ideas for this!! We look forward to seeing your post soon!!

Great job! I haven't had the nerve to try and fmq any of mine yet. Good for you. Now it will be onward and upward and it seems to me you're well on your way!

Oh You did GREAT for your first time. Isn't it a hoot to fmq? I love the whole process myself. Have some fun with the next one too scraplover. I really think the more you relax and have fun, the more it becomes natural to you.

Woo Hoo for your bravery!
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

I think this pattern style works really great with the fabrics you have. I also love the border stripes, really looks nice. The fmq is great fun isn't it? Great job.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by sewbeadit View Post
    I think this pattern style works really great with the fabrics you have. I also love the border stripes, really looks nice. The fmq is great fun isn't it? Great job.
    Thanks, sewbeadit!! FMQ sure is fun! I was so excited I had 3/4 of the quilt done the first night trying! Here's the label I forgot to show. It's a leftover block from Scrappy Greek Key; no want, no waste!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Very nice - you did a god job on your FMQing. I'm just learning also - did a quilt for my grandson and now that it is done I can't find the major mistakes - and he loves it.

Blog Entries
    What a fun quilt, n2! Every once in a while I have to go stalking to see what others are up to as I miss so many new threads. Now onto your next thread G
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

You did a great job, all beautiful.
    God Bless you all.
    Heather.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3