Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
a doll for a very sick child, and her friend.  She has a parallel quilted skirt >

a doll for a very sick child, and her friend. She has a parallel quilted skirt

a doll for a very sick child, and her friend. She has a parallel quilted skirt

Old 05-03-2012, 11:51 AM

Default a doll for a very sick child, and her friend. She has a parallel quilted skirt

these are two of the dolls, (NUMBER 101 just finished) and the girl has a quilted skirt. Seemed appropriate as the donated fabric was of the pre-print quilt looking fabric. I am happy with the way it turned out. the boy doll is number 96. The girl is a topsy turvy. Turn her inside out and she has a sleepy face and wears a nightgown. Turn the boy front to back and he wears a sleepy face as well. So far 93 dolls have found a free home with a child that has a devestating illness. Sorry I should have put this in general chit chat and I don't know how to change the classification. YIKES
Anyway I thought the doll in overalls went with the doll in the quilted skirt Hope you enjoy it.

Vickey Stamps
Attached Thumbnails dolls-96-101.jpg   sleepy-side-dolls-96-101.jpg  
Old 05-03-2012, 11:59 AM

These are just darling! And I know they will make some little ones smile! Treasures! And you're an angel to do such wonderful good works!
Old 05-03-2012, 12:17 PM

Nice cuddly dolls - just what a sick child needs. I love it. You're an angel.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Power Poster

Those are so cute!!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 03:14 PM

They are too cute!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 03:20 PM

These are so cute. It's a very thoughtful and generous thing you are doing.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:58 PM

thanks. The last 2 doll that have been sent out, went to 2 little girls that are struggling...one with chemo (age 6) from S. C. She had two brain surgeries, and had a stroke when she was only 4 and 1/2.

one from Minnisota, who MIGHT have cancer, had one brain surgery Monday, and can't have another one because of the risk. She'll be 3 in a few days.

Glad you liked the dolls.

Vickey S.

Last edited by wordpaintervs; 05-03-2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: typo and additional text
Old 05-03-2012, 04:34 PM

Oh Vickie, so are wonderful. They will make those children so very happy. What a wonderful and thoughtful gift. I have tears in my eyes. Is there a pattern to make the topsy-turvey dolls? Or did you create these yourself?
Old 05-03-2012, 05:15 PM

So glad you shared your pics here. Great job, sooo cute and will be much loved I'm sure. Peggy
Old 05-03-2012, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by EvelynJ View Post
Oh Vickie, so are wonderful. They will make those children so very happy. What a wonderful and thoughtful gift. I have tears in my eyes. Is there a pattern to make the topsy-turvey dolls? Or did you create these yourself?
If you want to try making these dolls and credit me with the design, I will send you the pattern and instructions. Just send me a PM with your address. I have some postage money donated and can use that for the little it costs to send the pattern. I would want to be sure a minimum of one doll went to a child with a very serious medical condition, given to the child free of charge.
I got down on the floor (soon to be 72) and used taped together wax paper at first and drew out the body, now I do a fabric body. I also designed the dress parts for the girl dolls. Thanks to so many of you out there that have sent so much fabric and trims to me, embroidery floss, etc etc. I have been able to be really lavish with the decorativeness on the dresses. I dress the boy kids in street clothes (size 12 months that i buy 'used like new' at local thrift shops..plus a young lady in her twenties took me to wal-mart and bought some clothes for the boys, material for bodies and a large bag of stuffing) With all the love out there, how can I not put it into the dolls for these sick kids. I am blessed. I am going to attach boy doll and number 102 that I just dressed. Will get busy cutting out doll bodies and some night gowns now, and then , in a couple days or so getback to the sewing machine and sew and stuff and dress more. THe new goal is 200. I wish I were rich, as I'd pay some poor person to stuff the dolls. I have empysema and that part is hard on my lungs.. Thanks so much for the caring replies. I appreciate each one of them. Thanks a million. Enjoy the boy doll.
Attached Thumbnails outside-doll-102-boy.jpg   sleepy-boy-102.jpg  

FREE Quilting Newsletter