Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Dollhouse Quilt Dolls- Need advice

Dollhouse Quilt Dolls- Need advice

Hi ladies- I am involved in a quilt along making Rosalie Quinlan's Dollie Dollhouse Quilt. I am altering the patterns some to reflect my Grandparents home in the 60's. If you saw my Baltimore Halloween I posted on this board you know I am not good at following patterns to a T. Anyway...

I have seen on the internet various cloth paper dolls and want to make my dollhouse in such a way to be played with. I am attaching 2 pictures. In the first you will see I redrew the doll from the living room and cut her out with my scroll saw. I was thinking I would put velcro on her torso and make clothes to take on and off. What do you think of that? Would that be bulky?

Then I tried a different way when I made my Grannie for the kitchen block. She is cotton ironed on a stiff pellon with wonderunder. I was thinking that I could make her undies out of flannel and back her clothes with fusible fleece as I have read some about this method. Does anyone know if the clothes actually stay on? Pic 1 on left.

The second picture I cut out of wood again a Grannie and Grandpa thinking maybe I should paint the underwear with magnetic paint and back the clothes with a very thin sticky magnet that cuts and comes in sheets. I don't know if the magnet paint will be strong enough.

So help! Does anyone know anything about any of these methods? Or do you have a different suggestion?

Pic 3 Is my Sun Porch block- Grandpa left his readers and cane, again- what are we gonna do - Grannie will fuss.

Thanks for any insight you can give me.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Blog Entries
    Beautiful dolls and quilt. I think if you use very small pieces of velcro, just enough to keep clothes in place in strategic areas it should work nicely.
    Helen T.

Blog Entries
    Yes to the Velcro
    or maybe flannel would work

Very unique quilt. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Awesome!Pretty dolls ans quilt!

Quote Originally Posted by Diane007 View Post
    Yes to the Velcro or maybe flannel would work
    When I was a little girl (back in the Stone Age... LOL!), I had paper dolls that had flannel on them to keep their clothes on. BTW... this project of yours is ADORABLE! You are sooooo talented!!!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Power Poster
    Oh, how precious!