Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
From Don--isewman/new pictures >

From Don--isewman/new pictures

From Don--isewman/new pictures

Old 04-13-2010, 10:36 AM

I posted some pictures, I think a couple week's ago, not sure.. Anyhow, I finally got the quilt I posted(was working on) DONE..So if I do this right, again, here are my pictures. 2 are of my, quilts, and the other picture is of my 2 year old grdaughter.. I posted a picture of my grdaughter in my profile, when, I first joined this wonderful group. 1 more question, for anyone.. I've been trying to keep my self from being worked up, but cant sometimes. Can anyone, give me some wording, on this.. My son, who is inthe national guards, told me that he be leaving, for Afghanistan, in Sept-Oct.. 2 days ago, he came over and said, he'll be leaving in the middle of July, or 2 weeks in August.. Don't mean to be a burden, but knowing this, has been bringing tear's sometimes to me.. Has anyone been thru this episode..

Picture of my grdaughter, and my military son..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]56429[/ATTACH]

A close up view of the quilt..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]56430[/ATTACH]

This is the finished quilt. Quilt is called "Shining Brighter", in a book, by Alex Anderson--Simply Stars-quilts that sparkle
[ATTACH=CONFIG]56431[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-56429.jpe   attachment-56430.jpe   attachment-56431.jpe  
Old 04-13-2010, 10:38 AM

Very nice, Don. :thumbup:
Old 04-13-2010, 10:43 AM

awesome
Old 04-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Power Poster

Lovely quilt and your granddaughter is gorgeous, what big, dark eyes she has
Old 04-13-2010, 10:53 AM

Very nice ,, very nice quilt. And to answer your question on leaving for a tour of duty, I have not experienced such, and truly hope never to. But Bless him and his service to our country and God be with him and bring him home safely.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:55 AM

Gorgeous quilt and beautiful grand daughter.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:55 AM

Don, that is gorgeous! AND so is your granddaughter!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:05 AM

beautiful quilt.
My Dh has been deployed twice.. both for a year at a time.
heres what i learned... try to stay calm.. the reality is it is far worse for the family when they are gone than it is for them. Unless his specialty is infantry, odds are most of the time he will be bored.
Make sure he has a good cell connection and internet plan, and youll be able to talk to him more often than you fear :D
Old 04-13-2010, 11:07 AM

Don the baby and quilt are beautiful. All I can say is keep the faith and he will come thru this fine.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:22 AM

Don,
Beautiful quilt!

Our son has been deployed 3 times to Iraq. It is hard, but we lived for the times we would hear from him --either thru phone calls or online. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers. help him get all his paperwork together before he leaves--his unit will give him a list of things he needs to take care of before he leaves.......be sure he has someone that he gives a power of attorney to before he leaves......you never know what will come up while they are deployed and need someone else to take care of for them.....and getting a POA while they are deployed is a ROYAL pain in the b_ _ _!! (ask me how I know!!)
When you talk to him while he is deployed, keep it positive --they have enough on their plates while they are over there--without us adding worry about the home front to it.
If you are listed as his contact, you should be contacted by the unit's (dang, I can't remember what the title is)--anyway the civilian support group......they'll keep you posted on when things are happening for those deployed and will most likely have activities for the family here too. shoot me a pm if I can be of further help......one military family to another!! : )