Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Done (I think) organizing the fabric!

Well, I finally got all the shelves up~for about the third time! I figured that the third time is a charm and they gotta stay! I still have more fabric to wash and fold-got an order in today~but at least I can fit it all up there!
    I had some "holes" in the shelving where I could put something tall and that was bothering me so I put some of the hanging baskets there instead! They hold the pieces that I want to use together so they won't get lost or used somewhere else. Gosh forbid that I lose a piece of fabric!!! The wicker baskets are holding fat quarters. The larger containers on the shelf are WIP (works in progress). The smaller ones contain all of my scraps waiting to be cut down with my accuquilt~I've been ignoring them for too long! There is a stack of backing fabric on almost the last shelf. The very top shelf holds batting scraps in containers, extra wicker baskets and pillow forms.
    Depending on where I stood, some of the shelves look like they are crooked....they aren't though.
    I think I need to stop buying so much fabric after the rest of my orders come in! At least they are small!!!

First thought, needed to add three more small shelves...
    Name:  Attachment-164358.jpe
Views: 26
Size:  72.1 KB

Then, I ended up with this configuration---which is not balanced and not me, but, I kinda like it!
    Name:  Attachment-164359.jpe
Views: 24
Size:  42.2 KB

Here is the most of the fabric that has to go up there....just about 40-50 yards more to wash!
    Name:  Attachment-164360.jpe
Views: 24
Size:  71.6 KB

Finished....I think!
    Name:  Attachment-164361.jpe
Views: 23
Size:  75.4 KB

Blog Entries
    Looks good.
    You've been very busy. :-)

Looks great!!! I like to have my fabric organized. I can find it a lot easier that way!!!

Too busy working on it lately-not much sewing going on in this house! Now to give the rest of the room a quick adjustment since my fabric shelves came out and then it shall be done!

Hanging baskets are a good idea. Looks great. Wish I had the same setup.

To be that organized would be wonderful.

Blog Entries
    Wow-I'm jealous!! Great job! I wish I had a room to store my stash in-I have to use my closet. However, it does keep me from buying more clothes-who wants a closet full of clothes when you can fill it with fabric!!!LOL

Thanks for the great comments! This was the biggest bedroom in the basement that I have taken over! This closet full of fabric will be covered with my 6 ft design wall that hubby helped me to make!

Looks great... organization really helps when you are looking for the exact right color and design your looking for in the fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by belmer
    Looks great... organization really helps when you are looking for the exact right color and design your looking for in the fabric.
    I still need to get into each stack and organize them by shades, but here is how it used to be. Not all of it was on this shelf.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast