Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Dresden-esque Heart?

Dresden-esque Heart?

I posted these, on another thread. Got bored, one day, so decided try creating a Dresden Heart. It's not great but maybe it'll provide a start, for someone. They need to have seam allowances added.
    For the record, I drew these myself and haven't copied anyone's work. Bigger or smaller hearts can be used, in the centers.

-with 19 sections
    Name:  DHeart19.jpg
Views: 5561
Size:  53.1 KB
    -with 20 sections
    Name:  DHeart20.jpg
Views: 5561
Size:  119.4 KB
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

That's lovely. The heart is to be appliqued in the center, correct? I would maybe change the rounded edges to points as they seem be easier for me to work with.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful design!
    Helen T.

Neesie, I like your idea very much and have already made a copy of it. Thanks for your work. I couldn't draw it for the life of me! Hope I get at least one block made some day! I dont' have a bucket list. I have a TUB list. LOL Thanks again.

Oh, those are lovely! Would make a beautiful wedding gift... pillow, wall hanging, quilt...I see lots of possibilities.
    legendarycandles.com

Blog Entries
    Nessie, I am going to make a copy of it.
    Thanks so much for doing this.
    ranger.
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

Quote Originally Posted by joobee View Post
    That's lovely. The heart is to be appliqued in the center, correct? I would maybe change the rounded edges to points as they seem be easier for me to work with.
    Yes, the heart would be appliqued. I looked at a regular Dresden Plate pattern and it seems the easiest way to do the rounded ends, is to connect the section sides, then applique the entire "plate", turning under the curved ends. I've never done one, so am just going by my research. . . but it doesn't sound that difficult, if the entire "plate" is then treated as a giant applique.

I have seen a pretty picture of one, with pointed ends . . . but I'm not sure it'd be easier. Seems like it'd be hard to get the angle just right. Would love to see your version, made!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Ageless View Post
    Neesie, I like your idea very much and have already made a copy of it. Thanks for your work. I couldn't draw it for the life of me! Hope I get at least one block made some day! I dont' have a bucket list. I have a TUB list. LOL Thanks again.
    Thanks but I can't take credit, for the idea. There was a recent post, in which several QB members were looking for a Dresden Heart pattern. Doesn't seem to be any free ones, online. Anyway, I just thought it'd be kinda fun, to make one.

I hope it proves to be useful. Personally, I prefer the 19-section one (the first picture).
    Neesie

~Richard Dawkins

This is a neat idea - can't wait to see it brought to life.
    Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Nessie, I am going to make a copy of it.
    Thanks so much for doing this.
    ranger.
    Me, too! You are an angel for doing this! I've been looking all over for this pattern! THANKS!!!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast