Ok, so after being on here a few days and reading all this fun stuff, I decided to give the dryer sheets a go -- Lord knows I have enough of them stuck to socks!
I have an old table runner of my Mom's that has the feeling of feedsack and has a crocheted edge on it. The thing has been used and abused in its life and has stains all over it. I can't really use it on a table, so i decided to use it as a base for these blocks. Once i sat down and started doing this, I found a lot of unfinished blocks and pieces I'd tossed aside until 'later'.
I'm having fun with it, which is the whole idea. I've posted some picks of today's progress and sorry for the pics, my camera isn't the best thing to see them with:
Getting started with a sheet and some scraps.
I pinned the first block on the piece here.
9 blocks so far today!