Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Elephant quilt Top >

Elephant quilt Top

Elephant quilt Top

Old 11-16-2016, 07:33 AM

What a glorious elephant!
Old 11-16-2016, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

There he is!!! beautiful. is he to be the whole quilt? or more to come?
Old 11-16-2016, 08:01 AM

Thank you, I need to fix one piece and add a border.

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
There he is!!! beautiful. is he to be the whole quilt? or more to come?
Old 11-16-2016, 08:39 AM

I also meant to comment on your fabric choices. First of all, I love that you created a purple elephant. The paisley really added just the right texture. The different patterns in each of the fabrics you chose helped to add dimension. The hide of an elephant is leathery and I think the print of the fabric, especially the paisley, helps to achieve that look in your quilt. Once I make my elephant quilt, it will be hung in the living room of a condo in Florida. I am decorating with elephants, giraffes, and island natives, etc. My most perplexing decision will be which fabrics to use. If you have any advice or tips to share, I be most appreciative.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:15 AM

Very nice but very intricate work. You did a great job.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:38 AM

Oh, it is a great quilt and you did a super job.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:11 PM

Thanks so much, One piece at a time, get the pieces copied and cut out into order, and just take your time. Purple is my favorite color, but I have to be honest, a gal on facebook is the reason I took on this elephant. If I had seen the one in gray I would have passed it bye, when I seen the one she did for her daughter, I had to make one, she's from Cananda and her quilting is amazing.

Originally Posted by SewingSew View Post
I also meant to comment on your fabric choices. First of all, I love that you created a purple elephant. The paisley really added just the right texture. The different patterns in each of the fabrics you chose helped to add dimension. The hide of an elephant is leathery and I think the print of the fabric, especially the paisley, helps to achieve that look in your quilt. Once I make my elephant quilt, it will be hung in the living room of a condo in Florida. I am decorating with elephants, giraffes, and island natives, etc. My most perplexing decision will be which fabrics to use. If you have any advice or tips to share, I be most appreciative.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:33 PM

I got my pattern in the mail 2 days ago, and I have to say that I agree with you about the gray colors being drab. Your purple elephant is far superior. I know this is going to sound insane, but I have been wondering how a psychedelic elephant would look? That would be bold, I know, but it would either look very cool, or like an insane person made it... Thanks for the tips BTW. Recently I made an applique wall-hanging with a gazillion tiny pieces, and grouping the pieces and putting them in those clear plastic paper sleeves (the kind that you put in notebook binders) is the only thing that kept me organized. Otherwise I would never have been able to keep the pieces straight. You have to have a strategy going into a project like this one I think. Anyway, you did a fabulous job!
Old 11-16-2016, 12:40 PM
KLO

What a fabulous quilt! Are you the same person who did the lion or was that some other board member? Sorry to hear about the broken seam ripper. Guess it got quite a workout but well worth the effort. Just beautiful!
Old 11-16-2016, 01:46 PM
Power Poster

beautiful, i love his trunk