Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Elna Carina Model 65 Air Electronic

That's too bad...I live in N. CA too and I lived in the Napa Valley during my high school years. Small world. I would be interested in the cams if you can't use them. I'll PM you!

Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Cool! Do you remember what you paid for it 30 years ago?

I do remember it was a lot of money and I did not ask my husband first!! Just bought it!!

I do not have this model but I have an Elna SU from 1973 and I would not part with it for anything. It runs so smooth and quiet compared to newer machines

Congrats, enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by willferg View Post
    Oh, I am so excited to see this post! I am considering buying something similar today. In a recent donation, I got a bunch of cams for an Elna, so I contacted the thrift store that got the rest of the donation to learn about the machine.

All they could tell me is that "It is white (Elna SU air electronic). It does have a pneumatic foot control. It does have an instruction manual."

They are asking $40. Does this sound like a good deal?

Thanks, and thanks for posting about your score!
    I still have my Elna SU Air Electronic that I bought 30+ years ago. I still have her because it is the first sewing machine that I paid big bucks for. She is light and very portable. Last summer DH asked me to make a cushion for his boat. I tried to make it on my Elna 7300 Quilting Queen Pro. The Queen balked at the job as she did not like stitching the vinyl and refused to sew the vinyl piping. So I brought in the SU to do the job and she did it without hesitation. The only part that I had to replace was the pneumatic foot control because it was "puppy chewed". For $40 I would buy another one.
    Sweet Caroline

Power Poster
    Very nice! What did you name her??

Ignorance is bliss, or so they say!
    My GF had an Elna in the 70's but I have never heard of "cams?
    Can someone please tell me/us?
    Thanks
    Heather
    In Queensland, Australia

Heather, these are what they look like. Many vintage machines and manufacturers used external cams that you pop in and out for different decorative stitches. http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...mb=QugTSLM6i2y

Jane, my machines all have the same name..."sewing machine". I'm not one that gives them people names:> Hehe.

Hi, I'm new on here and not really a quilter but I seen this machine that I now presently own. Have been going crazy trying to find a manual and also...WOW really? 18 cams??? I have 1. Can anyone direct me for either? I would love to utilize this machine for all its worth!! Thanks so much for any information that you can add! Have a wonderful day!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast