Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Elvis Theme for Great Aunt's 75th

Blog Entries
    My DD would love this, everything in her home has something to do with Elvis.

What a perfect gift and it turned out beautifully!

That is amazing. I just might have to make an Elvis wallhanging for my daughter Stacey. She used to wiggle her little tush in the back yard when she was about 3 yrs old listening to Elvis.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Being of the Elvis generation I had to laugh thinking about being 75 and being known as an Elvis fan since Elvis was such a shock/surprise with his swivel hips. Somehow the age of 75 doesn't go together with the image of Elvis until I stop and realize that Elvis would not be so young now and that maybe he would be like some of us now with a hip replacement. I hope your Aunt is still a swinger. I know the quilt had to have a lot of meaning for her. Thank you for giving her a time to remember when a person could understand the words to a song. As I write this there is one of those programs offering CDs from the 50s and Elvis is singing "Are you lonsome Tonight?".
    Nana - Spring, Texas

Acutally, Barbara; but all teachers and my granddaughters classmates only know "Nana"

Oh that is a happy quilt and she must have been very impressed.
    I am definately happy and very fulfilled when I am quilting, buying material or reading other quilter's messages on this quilting board.

What a special gift.
    Wendy

It is so well made and creative design. Every element was so thoughtfully chosen. It'll surely be treasured!
    ~~ Butterflies can't see their wings.
    They can't see how truly beautiful they are,
    but everyone else can. People are kinda like that. ~~

Quote Originally Posted by nana2 View Post
    Being of the Elvis generation I had to laugh thinking about being 75 and being known as an Elvis fan since Elvis was such a shock/surprise with his swivel hips. Somehow the age of 75 doesn't go together with the image of Elvis until I stop and realize that Elvis would not be so young now and that maybe he would be like some of us now with a hip replacement. I hope your Aunt is still a swinger. I know the quilt had to have a lot of meaning for her. Thank you for giving her a time to remember when a person could understand the words to a song. As I write this there is one of those programs offering CDs from the 50s and Elvis is singing "Are you lonsome Tonight?".
    Your comments made me smile and yes Aunt Marg did a little jive to "Blue Suede Shoes" at her party. Another Aunt had brought her Elvis CD's to the party and they played throughout the festivities :-)
    Lori - MamaBear

Great quilt. Though not 75 yet, I always loved Elvis (the pelvis). My Mom did also. Happy Birthday to your Great Aunt.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful quilt!
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast