Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Enquiring minds want to know...and so do I!

Enquiring minds want to know...and so do I!

The link below contains some photos of a charity quilt I just completed. I call it "Transportation". It is the first quilt my husband has wanted to keep in my 2+ years of "serious" quilting.

The folks I've shown it to have all asked the same question. "Where did you get that fabric?"

I always give the same answer. It was given to me to make something with by my guild. I have no idea who manufactured it or when it was sold.

BUT I LOVE IT AND WANT MORE! Of course, I am going to ask about manufacturer when I turn the quilt in. I have another top of smaller blocks complete and enough of the larger blocks to make one more quilt...I might have to drag that out a bit so I can enjoy the blocks longer!

Please take a look at the focus blocks, which feature various forms of transportation, all of which look 'vintage'. Based on the cars and trucks, I'm guessing 'vintage' is around the 1940's. But I don't think the fabric is that old. If you know who made it, when and/or have some, I would really love to buy it.

Enjoy!

https://picasaweb.google.com/cv10987...eat=directlink

That is a nice one! I love the vintage look - but then I love all antique and vintage stuff....you did a great job on this one!

This one kind of led me on, if you know what I mean!

Looks like '50's to me. Vehicles in the '40's were mostly black and more squared off than the pickup I see. Nice quilt! I can see why your DH wanted to keep it!

Blog Entries
    Love the vintage fabric - I'll keep my eyes open for you.

cjr
    That is not real vintage fabric. I purchased some a couple of years ago. It is a great design for youn boys or the young at heart. I do not know the mfg, I used almost all I purchased. hopefully someone will have it here. I loved the vintage- ageless looking toys.

I purchased my fabric at Fiddlesticks Quilt shop in Boulder City NV. They might be able to order more for youy.
    www.etsy.com/shop/quiltinglycaroline

Blog Entries
    That is really neat fabric. You did a great job. Hope you find some more.

Why not let him keep it? Charity begins at home. He can buy you more fabric for a different charity quilt. If it's the first one he has wanted to keep......then I would certainly let him. You never know where it will lead.
    If laughter is the best medicine, I prescribe a Dachshund or four.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    it was a fabric from Hobby Lobby about 2-3 years ago. IT was actually a panel. It has been sold on here several times!

I believe it is a panel by Michael Miller transport line.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast