Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Excited!!!!

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar

Excited!!!!

I got a phone call yesterday from a lady I'd never met. A mutual friend suggested she call me about some fabric she wanted to "get rid of." Well, I was all in! I finally made it over there and she had boxes and boxes and more boxes of fabric. She wanted one set price, but I told her no because most of the fabric was some of the old double knit from the 60's and 70's. But there were some very nice cottons, some dressmaker fabrics, linens and a few other items. I decided to take what I'm sure I can use, including a few patterns and zippers. And gave her the name of a couple of other people who might be interested in the rest of the fabrics. One is a lady who makes prom and bridesmaids dresses because there so much of that fabric, too.

Anyway, in the end, I got three boxes of fabric and a box of notions and patterns. SCORE!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Power Poster
    ​Cha-Ching, you hit the jackpot!

What a wonderful surprise! I'd have bought those double knits, though. They'd make wonderful batting, for lap quilts!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
    What a wonderful surprise! I'd have bought those double knits, though. They'd make wonderful batting, for lap quilts!
    I had no idea. I couldn't have afforded to buy everything, she was asking a bit too much. I'll call and tell her not to throw anything away. Maybe my guild would take the double knits (if they're free) to make lap quilts for the nursing home. Thanks for the info.

Awesome!!!!

What a great find for you.
    God Bless you all.
    Heather.

Thanks for the info,,,I have quite a few pieces of double knits...and never thought to use it for inter batting...Thanks

Power Poster
    Good for you and also nice that you could tell her you didn't need some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma Peg View Post
    Good for you and also nice that you could tell her you didn't need some of it.
    I admit now, that I didn't know about using the knits as batting. But honestly, I haven't an inch of space to put all those boxes. I bought three but there were probably eight left! Most of it still had never been cut into. Pieces that were yards long. I'm hoping that someone else bought the rest.

Power Poster
    wow!!! how neat!!!!
    QUILTNMO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast