I fell in love with the Laurel Burch Fabulous Felines panels. When my son told me that that he and his wife fought over the couch quilt I sent him last year, I decided that a "Quilt Intervention" was necessary and my DIL needed her own couch quilt. I discovered that the panel motifs were "wonky", not square. So I made a wonky log cabin design using the QAYG method. I made a lot of mistakes. The label on the back covers an area where the sashings did not meet up. AND then, silly me, I washed it before quilting the sashings. The batting in the sashings came loose. In order to fix my goof I slashed the sashing in the middle, staightened the batting, then appliqued a patch over the goofs. It is a good thing that the Quilt Police left my house in disgust a long time ago.
That is Leroy the Lab in front of the quilt. He is my blond shadow.