Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathered Dresden(with a special thank you to Jan in VA)

I want to thank all of you for your prayers. My friend is actually my eldest aunt. I hate to say it this way but its the only way I know how, she's very religious, has never worn a pair of pants, wheres the long hair, you get where I'm going. A wonderful woman that would never say a bad word about anyone or anything. When she found out that her treatment wasn't working she told others in the family that she was sick because the lord made her sick to help my cousin(age 35, 4-5 yrs to live)deal with her own mortality. When I visited her yesterday she was coherent but really medicated. She could hold a conversation. She's been an amazing woman and I know that your prayers are making it to her. If she were here she would tell you all how much she loves you all. As I sat there looking at her I thought how at peace she looked and how young. Yes young, shes 67. She could pass for 50 easy, thin and hardly no wrinkles, and skin just as creamy and soft looking as a model. She looked like an angel. She loved her quilt, and wonder how I knew that was her favorite bible verse on the label. Again thank you all for all the help that you've given me over the last few months since I've been on the board. With out you all I would've never been able to make this quilt.

Gorgeous quilt and so sorry to hear of your friend's circumstances. Prayers are being sent your friend's way.

it is beautiful, she will cherish it in the time she has left

So sorry about your friend, beautiful quilt!

What a wonderful friend you are to do this for her, she will feel so loved. Hope the Dr.'s are mistaken.

What a beautiful token of your friendship. My prayers are with you and with her family. It is a hard thing to do to stand by and pass the hand you are holding off to the angels

What a beautiful token of your friendship. My prayers are with you and with her family. It is a hard thing to do to stand by and pass the hand you are holding off to the angels

Oh My goodness, sorry to hear of your friend! Beautiful quilt though! I'm sure she will cherish it!

What a beautiful gift to comfort your friend. My sister-in-law was given 10 days to 10 weeks with a brain tumor but she was with us another three years. Doctors don't know, they only try to predict. Whatever time she has left on this earth, she will love your gift and the giver.

What a beautiful quilt, what a wonderful gift. So sorry for your friend. This is going to mean a lot to her.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast