Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Feedsacks

Thank you to the ladies who sent me feedsacks and fabric from the 30s. Here are pictures of the quilt I ruined and need to fix.

I'm finishing up a burro quilt for my grandson and I will start on this next.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

I really like your old quilt, it looks like todays yo-yo top.
    Is there a backing/lining, how many layers are there? I would really like to make a yo-yo quilt one day.

There isn't a backing and ony one layer. I bought the quilt years ago, it had never been washed and still contained used and new fabric. I washed it in warmwater. The rayon, taffeta fabrics just shattered or disintegrated and as the color bleed it ruin other fabrics. I felt realy bad, as I destroyed abit of history. I kept it for years and hae never been able to find vintage fabric to repair it. I am thankful I found this site and the generous members.

I fancy yo yo quilts (I guess they are not really a quilt by defintion)esp. the scrappy kind, but I don't know if have the patience to make one.