Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
A Few More of My Quilts >

A Few More of My Quilts

A Few More of My Quilts

Old 09-03-2011, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Celeste
They're great! I especially like On the Road Again. Is there a pattern for that?
No actually there isn't a pattern. I found a picture of a map that had all the states outline and blew it up 200x's the actual size. I used Wonder Under and hand appliqued everything.(this was before I had a sewing machine) I tried to do each state with something that the state was known for. North Carolina=the curse of the dogwoods. If the bloom before the final 4 basketball tournament, the Tarheel will loose, lol. VA--Cardinals, Wisc--Cows for cheese, etc... Then I spread out the patches and sewed them on and hand quilted everything.

I don't have a picture of the smaller version I had done for the son of a friend of mine. After he passed his girlfriend asked me if there was something I could do with the patches he had collected of his travels around the US.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:27 PM

Thanks ya'll for you wonderful comments. I do mostly applique because I can't make 2 pieced blocks come out the same sized no matter how hard I try.

Someone on here was asking about "wonky" quilt patterns. I'm great with wonky without even trying!! Even if I square everything up after every piece of fabric attached, it's going to come out lopsided by the time it gets to the next piece.

Again thank you, your words were very nice to read!
Old 09-03-2011, 07:16 PM

Very pretty.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC
Originally Posted by Celeste
They're great! I especially like On the Road Again. Is there a pattern for that?
No actually there isn't a pattern. I found a picture of a map that had all the states outline and blew it up 200x's the actual size. I used Wonder Under and hand appliqued everything.(this was before I had a sewing machine) I tried to do each state with something that the state was known for. North Carolina=the curse of the dogwoods. If the bloom before the final 4 basketball tournament, the Tarheel will loose, lol. VA--Cardinals, Wisc--Cows for cheese, etc... Then I spread out the patches and sewed them on and hand quilted everything.

I don't have a picture of the smaller version I had done for the son of a friend of mine. After he passed his girlfriend asked me if there was something I could do with the patches he had collected of his travels around the US.
Very clever!
Old 09-03-2011, 09:07 PM

Love the hot air balloon idea. Also am inmpressed with the horse. Great work.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:07 PM

Sorry double post and can't figure out how to delete.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:15 PM

Beautiful work!@!!