Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally got eight points together...

Sew, I finally managed an eight-point star. Though far from perfect I think it encouraged me enough to keep trying. I donít know what possessed me to make the star black and the background yellow rather than reversed, but I like it. My machine still has a hard time going through so much fabric all at once and Iím eyeing a used Pfaff for just that reason. The little Janome is great but that much fabric is just too much for the little thing to handle I fear.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice one Steve :thumbup: That's as good as I ever get them :D I find an older machine goes thru many layers better than the computerised ones, the computerised ones can get a bit tetchy about that :lol: . Have got a 30 year old Bernina that'll chug thru anything.

steve, i love the color choice. you did good.

You did a great great job!!! If you outquilt the rest of us in less than a year....... :shock: :shock: ......well, well, well, I just don't know what we'll do, wiggle the star at you or something!! :mrgreen:

Happy Quilting,
    Sharon

looking good!

Blog Entries
    Why not black as the star, not the background? It looks good! The only way I was ever to get the points to match was to hand sew it!

Steve,

It looks great, and very close to perfect. And don't worry about upsetting God. His perfection is on such a higher level, we'll never get close in this life. But as a Creator, He loves our creativity. So, go for it! :D

After I took the picture I ended up cutting down the seams where they intersect and look wonky and they actually shored up a bit better. I'll do another in more apparant colors next time so you can actually see the work.

I wonder what quilting through the diamonds would look like?

:wink:

lin
    Wow, that's really good Steve!! Took me forever to get intersections that good. I like the black on a light background. Nothing wrong with that.

That looks great Steve!! Are you using it in a quilt that you're working on?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast