Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Finally I am done with my first quilt!!! >

Finally I am done with my first quilt!!!

Finally I am done with my first quilt!!!

Old 12-21-2009, 11:52 PM

Wow, well I'm impressed since I have never DONE ONE in my whole 63 years of life. I am a retired teacher, and now I am in need of being taught, so we never stop learning do we? Anyone have some ideas how to even get started. i went to JoAnn's and got totally confused, all those cutting boards and tools and just lost, then the money side of it, where to find some fabric to start at least practicing with. I don't want to get into money issues here, but I live on SSDI which ummm is really bad, and I have to watch it, but I also want to learn to teach the kids I work with at St. Jude's and Sunrise Children's. Some are VERY able to do some of this and it gave me an idea. Now I need ideas to find materials and of course I need to learn to be a good teacher for them and for me. Anyone know where to start.....I know I am SOOOO GREEN. I also want to share what I learn with the kids and others too. So I'm open to anyone who cares to share with me. Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS SO MUCH ON YOUR ENDEAVOR, I'm proud of you and your perserverance. GREAT JOB, and if you made mistakes I sure don't see them, not that I'm any expert, by far NOT. But I think that is so cool. SO good for you. MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL.
Connie/Constance
Old 12-22-2009, 12:14 AM

What part of E. Washington, I spent MUCH of my childhood in Prosser and Grandview. How fun to find people on here from my roots. I spent every minute I could with my grandmother and grandfather, who ran the Chandler power plant in between Benton City and Prosser. Do you know where that is?

My very best, and Merry Christmas to you,

Connie/Constance.

mepinkmmpantsdiningroom
[ATTACH=CONFIG]59011[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-59011.jpe  
Old 12-22-2009, 12:19 AM

How do I put my photo, I wanted to do another one, can't seem to find it, figures, how do you put it so that it's whenever you post it's on the left side?
thanks
connie/constance
Old 12-22-2009, 01:05 AM
Power Poster

You did a wonderful job on your son's quilt!!! :D:D:D
Is that him in the corner of the picture?
I can't wait to see your next quilts!!!
Old 12-22-2009, 01:07 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Constance
Wow, well I'm impressed since I have never DONE ONE in my whole 63 years of life. I am a retired teacher, and now I am in need of being taught, so we never stop learning do we? Anyone have some ideas how to even get started. i went to JoAnn's and got totally confused, all those cutting boards and tools and just lost, then the money side of it, where to find some fabric to start at least practicing with. I don't want to get into money issues here, but I live on SSDI which ummm is really bad, and I have to watch it, but I also want to learn to teach the kids I work with at St. Jude's and Sunrise Children's. Some are VERY able to do some of this and it gave me an idea. Now I need ideas to find materials and of course I need to learn to be a good teacher for them and for me. Anyone know where to start.....I know I am SOOOO GREEN. I also want to share what I learn with the kids and others too. So I'm open to anyone who cares to share with me. Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS SO MUCH ON YOUR ENDEAVOR, I'm proud of you and your perserverance. GREAT JOB, and if you made mistakes I sure don't see them, not that I'm any expert, by far NOT. But I think that is so cool. SO good for you. MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL.
Connie/Constance
Hi!!!
If you start a new post in the Main section with all of these questions, you will get a lot more responses :D:D:D
Go to Main and at the top of the page click on start new topic
Type in the subject title what you need help with
Then put your questions in the box and click send. :D:D:D
Old 12-22-2009, 02:31 AM

Great job :thumbup:
Old 12-22-2009, 04:16 AM
Banned

Good job!!! Time to start on the 2nd one! ;)
Old 12-22-2009, 04:31 AM

Constance, you will get it. I am still confused when I go to Joann. I don't get to see bunches of fabrics alll together mostly because my group gets donated fabric and I work from that. I do star gaze a lot on the internets to see different types and colors put together which seems the hardest thing for me to do. I get confused when I go to the LQS Connecting threads and the way they market their line seems the easiest for me. When I first started to want to quilt, I bought a huge garbage bag size of mixed fabrics from Goodwill and sewed a quilt with those. Happily sewing away, but not knowing points were supposed to meet etc. :mrgreen: I use it now as a blanket in the trunk of the car and handy for picnics too. In my ignorance, I bought about six different size rulers without even knowing what they were for or how to use them. LOL--as it turns out I use every single one of them. Enjoy your new hobby. This place is so chock full of nice people who are always willing to help in any way they can.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:46 AM

Beautiful first job!
Old 12-22-2009, 04:56 AM

Great Job! It looks wonderful! I just got my first quilt under my belt too- doesn't it feel amazing?! Keep it up!