I finally - FINALLY - bound this landscape quilt and mailed it off to my swap partner (Craftster swap)
She should get it in a few days. She has already seen pics of them as I let her pick between the two I created and she chose this one.
The binding killed me yesterday. I fiddled and fiddled with it and could not get a nice mitered corner... after nearly chucking it out the window, I went to the computer and pulled up a youtube video demonstration of the easy miter binding tool that someone here posted some pics of - and well, with the help with two rulers, I was able to get the same results. I have already ordered that binding tool from a local quilt store and am going to go buy a different one they have in stock tomorrow... one that offers more than just 90 degree corners. I'm tickled with the outcome.
I showed my husband the quilt. He had seen it before it was bound and was impressed but not just gushing with enthusiasm. When he saw it he was just amazed at the difference just getting it bound made. I definitely need to finish up the other one and get it hung in the house. I'll work on that this weekend at my Sewing Saturday group....
I know I measured it so I could post up the details and I have forgotten the measurements!!! I didn't write it down since I didn't think I'd forget it lol. I *think* it's like 24 1/2 x 22 but that doesn't sound quite right.
It's a decent size though. I had taken a pic of the nice mitered corner but sadly I didn't check the pics before wrapping it all up - it came out a tad blurry :(
I wrapped it up and put it in the mail this morning. She should have it by the weekend. :)