This has been a WIP. I started last Sept. doing Rhonda's Blocks. I have no idea what I was going to do with them, but I loved them and was learning something new. After I finished a few blocks which I had laying on the old ugle day bed cover, I decided to turn these into a new cover. However. I did not want to sew them all together and then quilt it because my machine just is to small to do that. Without killing me. So I quilted in the ditch and 1/4 inside some squares. Then I decided to get creative. First I had wanted to try the Attic Window block, but really had nothing in mind, so decided this would frame the blocks nicely. Ok, but the beige and brown just didn't make the blocks POP. So I decided I was going to learn to QAYG and used the black sashing. That worked. Ok, now i have the top all done, what do I do for a bed skirt. I didn't want the blocks all the way to the floor, couldn't find any skirt anywhere on the internet that I liked that would work. So, ok, I'll make it. But I don't think this looks like it needs a ruffled skirt. It needs a pleated on. Oh no, I don't have enough material, and I'm sure I couldn't find it. So I ended up with this stripe, it is pleated, (small pleats) and I actually liked it better than just a plain skirt. So.....it's finished and on my bed. All the little bears all have special meanings, the three center pillows were from the left over fabric I had from my quilt quilt I ever made, back in the 80's and the applique was my first applique. This room is just chucked full of memories, so I love the fact that it's where I spend so much of my time sewing. If I ever need it for company, I will have to move 90% of the stuff out.
Hope you enjoy seeing what I've been talking about for so many months.
Just finished day bed cover
As I'll see it every day.
With my mini's