Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: finished Dear Jane blocks.................

Exquisite color placement. Congratulations on such a beautiful accomplishment.

I totally love your color choices and your layout blows me away. It's the best one I've seen! Right away I could see the outer triangles in the prints as you mentioned. In my mind they match the blocks in color that they are next to so that shading effect is repeated in the triangles around the outer border of the quilt. The prints are not necessarily the same just so the color value is.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    what a gorgeous quilt!!!! keep the juices flowing
    i agree that the plain triangles should be something other than white. i've seen them match the color of the block nearest to it.
    I love this idea. What a wonderful job you did!
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

Blog Entries
    I want to do one so badly but want a quilting buddy to do one with me and I can't get any takers. They don't want to invest the time it takes and I know it takes lots and lots of time. Your blocks are wonderful, I am in awe.
    Judi

I love the colors making a sunshine and shadow design. It is amazing! Can't wait to see it all together. I have only made block 1! I will continue to work on it, you have given me hope that I will finish one day!

So very pretty! Your workmanship is excellent, and the colors and layout you chose are super! Am looking forward to seeing this get closer to being finished!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Thank you all so much for your coments! I like the idea that others might start or continue their DJbecause of this thread.
    Whenever I had a hanger I went to this board to look at each and every DJ post. :-)

I started to sew the blocks together and can say for sure, that this will be my first and my last quilt top with half inch sashing and cornerstones............and I will have even more time than I thought to think about the fabric for the triangles!
    Granny

Blog Entries
    I just looked at the layout again and the darker block in the center is in the perfect spot. Ones eye is drawn to the center because of the darker hue, but the "arrows" in the "shoot" your sight to the concentric "circles" of color. Wish I could see this IRL G
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Your blocks are wonderful. Love dear jane quilts . just dont think i will ever make one. joyce j

That is stunning! Can't wait to see more!
    Jojos Nana, Carol

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast