Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finished Great Nephew baby quilt and advice

Finished Great Nephew baby quilt and advice

Just finished the baby quilt for my Nephew's baby that is due in October. still need to make a label. They are expecting a boy and have already named him. when speaking of the bay they call him by the name they picked out.

Here's the advice I'd like opinions on. I would like the label to say:
    Made with love
    for
    Jaxon Richmond
    by Great Aunt Debbie

What if they change the baby's name after he is born? I could always make a different one if that happens and replace this one. or should I just put:

Made with love
    by
    Great Aunt Debbie

any other ideas???
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

My recommendation....add your last name to it please! Go ahead and include his name on the label, as you said you can always change the label if they suddenly change his name. And I love the quilt! Great job.

Kat

Include my last name ,Checked. never thought of that. should I also include Jaxon Middle name?

Blog Entries
    IMHO

Made by & Date
    are a must

For the baby's name let them fill in the name with a pen and heat set it.

Power Poster
    Great quilt! I think I would go with the second label myself. I had a name all picked out for my daughter before birth but it just didn't feel right so we picked another one.

I too would go with the second label as Tartan said. I had a name for our son before he was born & when I saw his for the first time, the name just didn't fit & I changed it.

I would make a second label too as 3 out of 4 of my grand children had a change of name after they were born. Cute quilt

I agree! I think your last name should be there . . . and it should be personalized to him. When he gets older and has siblings, it will be nice to be personalized.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatStarter View Post
    My recommendation....add your last name to it please! Go ahead and include his name on the label, as you said you can always change the label if they suddenly change his name. And I love the quilt! Great job.

Kat

Terrific quilt, great job and thank you for sharing, add your last name and I like the first one.
    Have a Blessed day
    Ellen

I was going to makae the label with my embroidery machine. Do you think I should leave the name part blank for them to write in later? Forgot to mention I am sending a pakage tomy sister to take to the baby shower as a surprise. I'm in Ohio they are in Florida so I can't attend

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast