Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Finished my diamond log cabin star quilt - another learning experience!

WOW!!!!!

Wonderful, fabulous. You did a great job especially if you don't like the colors. (I think they are beautiful).

Hi Dunster,

I couldn't agree more with every single post in this thread. This quilt is absolutely spectacular!

Now for my questions!

Did it really just take you one month to make this quilt?

When you say your diamonds are 2.25 in length, I'm not sure what you mean. The diamonds in the center are 2.25 in rectangular length and then the 60 angle is cut? What is the width of the strip that you cut the diamonds from? Does it include .25 seam allowance?

What is the finished size of the block, length times width?

While all the blocks are the same size, their orientation seems different. Some seem elongated while others seem wide in fabric placement. Is that dependant upon the width of the strips you start with?

I found this quilt online and was wondering if it was your inspiration.
    http://www.amishcountrylanes.com/Pages/hs4531.shtml The great thing here is that you can see 8 different pictures of the block and size of strips too.

Lastly, many are calling for you to do a tutorial. I'm in on that one!! May I suggest if you are willing, that you do it in a series of posts, rather than one long post. That might make it easier for you, and it would be great for it to have it's own thread. Please, please, pretty please???

I would absolutely love to make this quilt in patriotic colors for my son who is soon to be promoted to Major in the Air Force. I would be just as proud to give his such a special quilt, as I am of his accomplishments.

Diane

I am stunned at the beauty of this quilt. Feminine but bold, soft but vibrant, snowflakes and lace-look, and in such pretty colors and tones.
    I will put this one on my bookmarks right up there with barnbums watercolor log cabin.
    Outstanding. Thanks for the link and am looking forward to seeing tuts if you are up to it.
    Have you thought about entering it in next years fair or how about a raffle for breast cancer? or maybe someone here would know of a good home for it. :lol:

WOW!

I've never tried this pattern but may just give it a try after seeing your spectacular results. Am also not a big fan of pink but in this case, WOW, what an impact it makes coupled with the other fabrics. I love it and would gladly give it a home if you need one.
    Ellie

WOW!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by catlover
    It's even prettier in person when you showed it at the guild meeting. You did an amazing job. Thanks for sharing.

Cynthia
    Junction City, OR
    Omigosh, you were our visitor from Junction City? I hope you join our guild. I didn't get a chance to chat with you at the meeting but would love to talk next time we meet - maybe at the quilt show?

WOW!!! That is gorgeous! Pink isn't my fav either but you have done an exquisite job on this one.

All I can say has already been expressed. Be proud of your accomplishement. I like the idea of it being a breast cancer quilt if you do not want to keep it after you make the one in your favorite colors. But you can add me to the list of recipients if you want to give it to one of your forum friends.

Awesome.

I hope you will do a tutorial. I would love to try my hand at it. I would learn alot. :-P

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast