Back in late August I saw a quilt pictured on an Amish web site, and I knew I wanted to make something similar. I couldn't find a pattern, but I thought I could figure it out. I also found a similar quilt pictured in a book of great quilts of the 20th century, so the design wasn't unique to the Amish site. Since I wasn't at all sure of the outcome, I decided to use up some of my lesser quality stash, in a color (pink) that doesn't really call to me. I thought the quilt might turn out to be a throw-away, but still a learning experience. I made a spreadsheet to help figure out sizes and fabric requirements, since EQ6 wasn't much help for this type of block.
I usually quilt all my large quilts in sections, but I couldn't do it with this one because there were no long straight lines. I used the John Flynn frame to baste the layers together with water soluble thread. After it was layered and stabilized, I did the quilting under my home sewing machine. I had hoped to use the frame, but the 10' poles were difficult to control.
Here's the outcome. I plan to make another quilt with this design, but using colors and fabrics that I like better than pink. I may also change the design in the corners. I'm taking the quilt to guild meeting tonight for show and tell - but you get to see it first! It's about 93"x104"