Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Finished my grandsons photo quilt. >

Finished my grandsons photo quilt.

Finished my grandsons photo quilt.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:50 PM

That is adorable! Will you give us some tips on quilting with the fleece? I know it's stretchy. It looks like you did some meandering. I've used fleece on some quilts, but have had trouble (so now I mostly use flannel). I'd love to know how you did it. Also, I think the photos are super! What a great quilt!
Old 01-09-2011, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lynn Luker
That is adorable! Will you give us some tips on quilting with the fleece? I know it's stretchy. It looks like you did some meandering. I've used fleece on some quilts, but have had trouble (so now I mostly use flannel). I'd love to know how you did it. Also, I think the photos are super! What a great quilt!
Hi Lynn, Thank you! This is the first time I used fleece. It was on sale for $3.99 yd. Honestly, I was really surprised on how well it sewed. I could not tell it stretched hardly at all. It made the warmest quilt I have ever held. It is so soft. I will have to make me one out of fleece backing.

I quilted it using my laser light over a plastic motif airplane with clouds. I just would estimate moving it over each time.

I just bought a pack of fabric sheets. I put the sheet in the printer with the glossy side up and selected the pictures from my comp. and went by the directions from our software and pressed print. It was the same way you print on paper. After it printed I pressed with an iron, dipped it in water to colorfast it and pressed with an iron again, then sewed it to my blocks. It was pretty easy. You can do it. Just follow directions on back of fabric sheet pack. They were very accurate. I buy the sew in kind, not the transfer on sheet kind.

But thanks for your kind remarks and good luck.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:54 PM

So cute.... Great Job! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 01-09-2011, 03:05 PM

This little guy, when he was born, his intestines were outside of his body. His intestines were wrap in bandages kinda cone-shaped and hung above him from a hanger so gravity would push them back into his body. He looked so pitiful laying there, but he was a beautiful baby. And still is. He is perfectly normal now and smart as all get out. He saw his quilt on fb where I finished it and he shouted out " Buzz Lightyear and Cowgirl. I NEED THAT!" His mama told me he was soooo excited. Worth it All!!!! I Love it!!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Power Poster

Very nice and he will love it for a long time. Very boyish.