Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Finished Rail Fence

Very nice...

Beautiful quilt.
    What I make with my hands, I give with my heart.

Lovely quilt and great job!
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
    Great job. Love the colors! I think you did a great job on the quilting. The quilting in the body of the quilt is nice and evenly spaced and I actually like the straight lines in the border. Nice contrast with the curves in the body quilting.

Lots of stuff can affect the ease of FMQ. Was the other quilt the same pattern? Does this one have more piecing seams? Did the other quilt have a pieced backing (more seams) did you use the same batting? Same thread? Same needle (was it new?)
    Thank you all for your kind words!!!
    Some of what you say PaperPrincess I know affected this. There were ALOT more seams so I know that was an issue, but thread, batting, needle size were all the same. I am sure it is "user error".........:')............

I think you did a great job! And I wouldn't say "user error" I would just say all users have an off day now and again. I've done the same thing--feeling great about a project I just finished so I dive into a new one and nothing goes quite right. But we are usually our own worst critics. No one could tell by looking at your quilt that it didn't go as smoothly as you wanted it to. It looks great!
    www.makeminepatchwork.etsy.com
    www.zibbet.com/makeminepatchwork

"Piecin' a quilt's like livin' a life...The Lord sends us the pieces, but we can cut 'em out and put 'em together pretty much to suit ourselves, and there's a heap more in the cuttin' and the sewin' than there is in the caliker...I've had a heap of comfort all my life making quilts, and now in my old age I wouldn't take a fortune for them." (Eliza Calvert Hall, Aunt Jane of Kentucky)

that is a REALLY pretty quilt! its cozy, homey, country, and looks very snuggly. i think you did great and keep practicing!
    A rolling stone gathers no moss

I like the rail fence pattern and have made several. FMQ looks fine to me. I do that on all my quilts, I love the look and I love doing it.
    Beautiful quilt.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

It came out very nice!! Don't you just get frustrated thinking, "Oh, I've got this!" and then it just doesn't go as planned? Great job.
    Patti
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.
    ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Monika View Post
    I just finished this for my friend Suzi. I pieced the back with the leftovers from the front. I have to say that the quilting on this was a pain. I am not sure why. Two weeks ago I did another one and FMQ went like spreading butter! So I jumped into this one thinking "I'm good at this now!"
    WOW!! How wrong was I?!?!?!? And this was a smaller quilt, too! It was so much trouble, I gave up on the FMQ after getting through the middle and just did straight lines in the border.

Clearly, I am so NOT good at this now. Oh well, just means I get to keep practising, right!?!?
    Nice work! Love both front and back!
    Love 4 stchen

Thanks everyone! Suzi loved it......she cried. At the end of the day that is what counts.

Now on to the next one!!!........:')......................

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast