I finished the quilt for my new granddaughter by marriage in November, welcoming her to our family. She wanted one that was similar to the one I made my other granddaughter a couple of years ago, including the satin binding in a package.
Got to stitching the end and beginning of binding together, cut, 'snapped' and ... horrors... the cut raw edge was on the outside instead of hidden in the seam. Shoot, I've never done that before! My solution was to use a decorative stitch to cover the raw edges, front and back but it created a very visible 'triangle'. I realize that Kalie won't know that it isn't supposed to look like that but boy do I feel dumb.
Now I'm wondering if I should use a pigma pen to write her name in the 'triangle' but afraid it might bleed/spread on the satin. I'll have to try it out on a left over piece of satin.
warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
quilt for Kalie
Mistake on binding