Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • First Attempt at Triangles >
  • First Attempt at Triangles

• First Attempt at Triangles

Old 10-11-2010, 10:07 AM

That was a neat idea. I love the colors.
    Old 10-13-2010, 11:34 AM

Very Nice! I myself have not tried them, hopefully my attempts are as good!
    Old 10-13-2010, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne
    I got brave and tried to do something with triangles rather than squares and rectangles. It appears that I need to get more precise with my measuring and accurate scant 1/4 seams and with pressing the right way. The light colored one was first and is the most "off", so I am forced to keep it for me. Second one is a gift for my daughter. Forgive that I got overly anxious to post and have not bound them yet.
    Good job!
    Old 10-13-2010, 12:46 PM

Very very pretty......love the colors especially the second one.
    Old 10-13-2010, 02:27 PM

I got brave and tried to do something with triangles rather than squares and rectangles. It appears that I need to get more precise with my measuring and accurate scant 1/4 seams and with pressing the right way. The light colored one was first and is the most "off", so I am forced to keep it for me. Second one is a gift for my daughter. Forgive that I got overly anxious to post and have not bound them yet.
    Okay here I go again, and I am definitely not an expert here but I want to help you out. First consider this a regular 9 patch without the points on the corners. so first row, press to the right, center row press to the left and third row, press to the right. Then when getting ready to sew, snug the seam so that the top one is going up, this will help it snuggle up. If you need to, put a pin in to keep it in place. This will also help your bottom seam not want to fold back on itself because it is already heading in the down position, then when you go onto your next row, again make sure that the seam your sewing is in the same configuration. going up and the underneath is going down. Your points look great to me, so you have the 1/4 in seam good.
    Old 10-14-2010, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by mshawii
    Okay here I go again, and I am definitely not an expert here but I want to help you out. First consider this a regular 9 patch without the points on the corners. so first row, press to the right, center row press to the left and third row, press to the right. Then when getting ready to sew, snug the seam so that the top one is going up, this will help it snuggle up. If you need to, put a pin in to keep it in place. This will also help your bottom seam not want to fold back on itself because it is already heading in the down position, then when you go onto your next row, again make sure that the seam your sewing is in the same configuration. going up and the underneath is going down. Your points look great to me, so you have the 1/4 in seam good.
    Thanks so much for the tip. I have to assume that I would have known that if I had taken a basic quilt class. I made them all go the same way instead of up and down. Can't wait to try it the accurate way. Thank you again for taking time to explain.
    Old 10-15-2010, 11:57 AM

Great job. I love the pumpkin one