Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First one done.....

Banned
    Lots to think of - I'm sure it will get better as time goes by - it isn't 'hard' or hard to learn - it's just that everything is NEW - a new way to do something...

This is a lap quilt I had laying around - not real fond of it so thought it would be perfect as a 'guinea pig'.....
    Don't examine it too close because it isn't done very well - and then it was the 'learning how this stuff works' quilt - so there's some 'too long' stitches', problems with the thread path on the machine, etc.

First the quilt - not terrible but not good either

And then the problem with the thread path - I think this is something Bailey's are still working on because the machines on their website have their eyelets in different places than mine....
    I finally grabbed some screw eyelets and stuck them in the Grace machine carriage and that seems to work lots better...

Now I just have to GO SLOWER - (I have the exact same problem when I'm stippling/meandering on the regular machine :roll: so I know it's me!)

I am sure the more practice you get, the more comfortable with it you'll be. It looks like you are doing a great job! It took me a bit to get used to free motion quilting on a machine but after doing a wall hanging, it just "feels" right.

I like your quilt too! :lol:

I am impressed at how innovative you and your husband are at making this thing work. I'm pretty sure that my DH & I would be scratching our heads and got getting it together so well. Good job!!!

Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    what fun to finally get to play!!!! what about a close up of hte quilting??? :wink:

Izy
    Janeen...you go girl, at least you are working through the little problems, it will get easier as you get used to it I am sure.. :D

Your quilt is very nice too!! I can't see the quilting very well, any chance of a couple of close ups???? :D

Blog Entries
    You go girl. Looks like you are having a lot of fun. Enjoy.

Looks good to me too!! I'm sure it will get easier as you go along. :D

The quilt is great...Don't let the machine to intimidate you too much.....You will get there...show it who is the boss..... :D

Looking good from here. Remember--practice makes perfect

Looks good to me too!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast