Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: first quilt in progress

beautiful quilt. can't wait to see your next one.
    good job.

What a sweet picture! Love the puppy anf quilt both.

Toni, you did a very nice job. :thumbup:
    I love the fabric prints you picked, and your puppy looks like she's having a very nice nap under her very own quilt.

Thanks to everyone on the comments and support. I am almost finished and I guess what scares me the most is the actual quilting together. Don't know a darn thing about borders or quilting...lol. Don't know if I can hand stitch either...lol. Just going to have to jump in and sink or swim I guess. I am trying to learn all of these terms and tricks but it still seems like a whole other language right now. Just don't want to get discouraged and stop. I think my machine will do the job seeing how it is more of a small blanket or lap quilt. ugh!!!!!!!!! I don't know maybe I will try tying it instead. The only thing is don't you have to have a stand or stretcher to make sure it is good and tight.

I need to purchase a whole lot more tools.....lol :lol:

You are doing a wonderful job!!!

Toni, Take a deep breath. I'm a new quilter too. Actually, I'm a piecer, because I dont' quilt much! I think your little doggy quilt would be just the right starter project for you to machine quilt. Stitch in the ditches (Google that if you're not familiar). Or PM me and I'll give you the layman's instructions! And first, buy some of that handy basting spray. It's perfect for us beginners and keeps everything in place. Or, they have fusible batting that will keep your quilt sandwich together. Then put your walking foot on the machine and go slow. You'll be so surprised how those blocks "pop" after you've quilted them. It's such a pretty little quilt. Your sweet dog will treasure it. After seeing how nicely you pieced it together, I can bet you'll be an awesome quilter! Make more!

Newquiltertoni....my dogs saw this and they are jealous. They demanded one done for each of them for Christmas. HEHE Very good work. Kyia

You did a wonderful job! That is an adorable picture, your dog seems to really love it! :)

Blog Entries
    Pretty quilt and adorable dog! My dogs can't see it or I'd be in the same boat Kyia in too. :D

That's a lovely quilt, well done :thumbup: , nice bright colours. Your dog is one lucky fella

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast