Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: First UFO of the year - DONE!

I belong to a UFO Bee and this year we are doing a UFO Challenge. The goal is to finish 6 quilts this year, but my own personal goal is to finish a UFO each month. I've finished my first one for January. It is a Thanksgiving table topper and is much bigger than the picture implies. The center is a panel, which was given to me by my Secret Sister in my local guild. Since I'm learning to machine quilt it was perfect! And it is actually done in time for next autumn, which is remarkable. :lol:

I could not find a marking pen or pencil that would work on the outer border. It drove me insane until I came up with a great solution. I took the paper tissue that comes with gifts, drew out the design on it and pinned it to the quilt. Then I quilted it and removed the paper. It worked great and even though the design doesn't show up on such a busy fabric, I'm very pleased with it. It was great practice and I'm now collecting gift bag tissue paper for when I have this problem in the future.

Please feel free to add any photos of pictures you have done of finished UFOs for this new year!!

Thanksgiving Table Topper
    Name:  Attachment-63145.jpe
Views: 34
Size:  116.2 KB

That will look GREAT in my dining room!!Beautiful job!

Great job - your machine quilting looks wonderful. My friend has the same panel ( quilt) and it is bigger than it appears !
    wish I could join the UFO - club - handquilting a wallhanging. Maybe done next month!

dsj

Tiffany, I never have time to quilt for myself and I really like the pumpkins very much, HINT,HINT. I would take very good care of it. Just teasing, it is really cute.

dsj

Okay, I wasn't really teasing, I had to take another look and yep I think you should send that to me. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT.

What a great idea! this year I promise to finish my UFO project; it's a perpetual calenda( sort of..). the idea was to make a wall hanging to represent each month, nothing bigger than 3'x4' to hang in my cubicle. The idea came to me late in 2008... So far I've completed February ( last March , hee,he)
    and December ( this November, woohoo)... I was looking at the different magizines just before Christmas, and thought... you know, wouldn't it look great to have a new quilt up in my cube?

Wow! Nice work. Bet it feels good to get one out of the way.

very pretty - love it!!

Cute Wall Hanging!!
    I have a bunch of UFO's I hope to get done this year. Several only need the quilting, which will have to wait until my shoulder heals more.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful!!! I love this autumn quilt :D:D:D

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast