I came across a similar quilt in Google Images and used it as a starting point for this quilt. The fish appliques came from a quilt called Pond Pals in the Winter 2008 edition of Quiltmaker's Favorites magazine. The applique was a full size insert that happened to be the perfect size for the 12" block...saved me a lot of time in recreating it.
The overall size is about 36" x 48". It is 4-square blocks (6" finished), 6" blocks and 12" blocks. I cut the "bubbles" with my olfa circle cutter. This was made entirely from my stash and my small scrap pile for the fish bodies. I cut out the center of the fusible on the larger pieces before applying, just leaving 1/4"-3/8" or so around the edges so it wouldn't be too thick to quilt through.
The back is made from a few smaller pieces of batiks I had that went well, and the darker green strips were pulled from my "homemade" jelly roll strip pile.