Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 108

Thread: FOLDED DAHLIAS. NOW WHAT?

  1. #1
    Super Member Pat G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    HOOD CANAL, WASH
    Posts
    1,818
    I fell in love with the Folded Dahlias that somebody introduced us to awhile back. Now I've made sev. since I always get carried away when I find something new that I love. My puzzle now is what to do with them. One I added a wider border to.
    A cpl. more I added narrow borders to. I had thought of putting 3 of them into a wallhanging but cancelled that idea.
    What have you all done with yours?
    Attached Images Attached Images      

  2. #2
    Senior Member katieranch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Williams, AZ
    Posts
    614
    You did a great job, how about making them into pillows to sell or for gifts?

  3. #3
    Super Member mmonohon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Olympia, Washington State
    Posts
    1,628
    They look great.

  4. #4
    Super Member lawsonmugs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    5,807
    They are just gorgeous!! Sell them if your not wanting them. I use things like that for table toppers or placemats.good christmas gifts. That's not that far away. Good Luck whatever you do. Mary

  5. #5
    Super Member Pat G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    HOOD CANAL, WASH
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    They are just gorgeous!! Sell them if your not wanting them. I use things like that for table toppers or placemats.good christmas gifts. That's not that far away. Good Luck whatever you do. Mary
    I love them as table toppers but they are so dimensional (puffy) it's hard to set things on them. I love making them & really love watching them come together.

  6. #6
    Super Member lawsonmugs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    5,807
    I was wondering if you make your squares bigger as they go outward? The ornaments I made had 3 or 4 rows and the squares were all the same size. Thanks for any reply Mary

  7. #7
    Super Member Pat G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    HOOD CANAL, WASH
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    I was wondering if you make your squares bigger as they go outward? The ornaments I made had 3 or 4 rows and the squares were all the same size. Thanks for any reply Mary
    Mary, that's a great idea. I might play around with that idea just for fun.
    What ornaments did you make? I've seen the round ones on styrofoam balls.
    Pat

  8. #8
    Super Member lawsonmugs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    5,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat G
    Quote Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    I was wondering if you make your squares bigger as they go outward? The ornaments I made had 3 or 4 rows and the squares were all the same size. Thanks for any reply Mary
    Mary, that's a great idea. I might play around with that idea just for fun.
    What ornaments did you make? I've seen the round ones on styrofoam balls. I made the 3" styrofoam ones. Did you miss my question? Did you use larger squares as you made the halhlia bigger??? Mary
    Pat

  9. #9
    Power Poster blueangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    20,490
    Very pretty

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    CO., USA
    Posts
    589
    Blog Entries
    1
    I made a pillow and a potholder, maybe in the eighties. Gave them for gifts.
    I forgot how to make them.

    Good luck on whatever you do with them.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.