Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Four Sisters Under Seven Sisters

community benefactor Parrothead's Avatar
    I knew I had this picture and just found it several days ago. This was taken several weeks after my Mother passed and my four daughters and I were going through her things dividing up and throwing away. Two girls were laying on the bed and got a quilt off the quilt rack to comfort them. Then another decided that looked good and finally the fourth. The quilt is Seven Sisters made by my Grandmother and only needed a new binding attached. The purple quilt hanging on the rack is Hearth and Home that needs several blocks replaced. I have a fun family, even extended, and even though this was a sad time, the incident of getting under the quilt brought laughter. My Mother would have loved it. The girls are from left to right,
    Dalene (3rd), Dynell (2nd), Denette (4th tag a long) and Denni (the oldest).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Priceless!!!

Blog Entries
    What a special photo! I am guessing your DM made those quilts-they are lovely!

Blog Entries
    Looks like you all know how to have fun!! What a lovely family!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
    What a special photo! I am guessing your DM made those quilts-they are lovely!
    They were made by my Grandmother and possibly Great-Grandmother. Mother sewed and helped with the quilting but did not piece much.

what a great picture, we are 4 sisters that have names that start with a D also. Here we were taking a picture outside the Quilt in A Day shop in Paducah but it was closed so we were in the parking lot.

4 sisters quilting trip, Debbie, Diane, Doreen, Denise
    Name:  Attachment-195083.jpe
Views: 25
Size:  29.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DA Mayer
    what a great picture, we are 4 sisters that have names that start with a D also
    Denise, what are your names? My Denni is really Denise, she just uses the nickname. What fun all your sisters quilt!!! I lost my sister many years ago to breast cancer.

I am sorry to hear about your sister, I am Denise, Diane is the oldest, then me, Debra is next, and Doreen is the youngest. Debbie is the tallest, redhaired (beautiful), blue-eyed and Left handed. Diane and Doreen look the most alike and I look a lot like them. Diane and I sound alike, we used to switch talking to our boyfriends and they didn't know. We have alot of fun together.

You look like you have a lot of fun and good senses of humor. The quilt is just beautiful

Power Poster
    What great memories!
    Thanks for sharing!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast