Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: fun with Laurel Burch fabrics...

Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!
    have you ever had a fabric you had to have... and then were afraid to cut it? Of course you have, we all share that nutty obsession. I have been collecting Laurel Burch and Loralie Harris prints of my faves... cannot bring myself to cut some, because I only have a little as my budget allows the splurge...

So about 5 years ago I found this crazy, fun, "hairy" fashion fabric at JoAnn's ~ it was one of those fashion fabrics that only come out in spring or fall. It went clearance, and at a 1/2 off clearance sale I got a few yards... you know, for something down the line.

I ran across that hairball of teal the other day, and had it in my hand. Honest, it was all starting out so innocent. Then I turned around, and my Laurel Burch "Flying Colors" tumble print seemed to jump off the shelf from across the room. I put the two side-by-side and was shocked. So... now my brain says "well, i love that totebag pattern so much, it wouldn't hurt to modify it again and make my larger beach bag version... could it work? Hmmm..."

And this was how they played together. I think its a fun bag, worth of the beach in a week :)
    Name:  Attachment-238092.jpe
Views: 88
Size:  148.6 KB

the inside of the bag: for those of you who saw my other post, the outer pocket and center pocket and D-ring attachments were all alterations... just play with it and have fun!
    Name:  Attachment-238093.jpe
Views: 88
Size:  109.6 KB

It is darling. I'm glad you got the courage to cut into the fabric

nice...I like it

Love it.

I have some plum fabric in three (hmmm, maybe 4)different patterns.....it is so beautiful that I just can't decide what to do with it.

Blog Entries
    how fun! what a great bag. also loved how told the story of two fabrics that wanted to go together. :lol:

Blog Entries
    Too, too cute!!!!

Wow and love it! Yes, I've had fabric I didn't want to cut as well. Why? I don't know. I'm glad you did because it's darn cute!

Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!
    yes, it was very very painful to make that first "snip"... but I am glad I did, I like that bag best of all of the ones I made! (But saved every last little scrap for future project, couldn't bear to toss it).

I am using that same pattern (expanded to beach bag size) for a Dr. Seuss Thing 1 & Thing 2 bag for my DGF in Florida... that's what our other friends call us, we're trouble when we're together... and I'm going to see her next weekend :)

Beautiful bag. Love the colors.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast