I started a new quilt the other day, this one will be for my youngest daughter, Olivia (14). She picked out the fabric choice from my growing collection of jelly rolls. The pattern is called "Garden Trellis" and is from the Jelly Roll Quilts book, and the fabric is called "Aviary" from Moda.
The pattern calls for 20 strips each of light and dark fabrics. This particular collection of fabrics has like 24 "darks" and 16 "lights", so I pulled out 4 of the darks (I pulled 4 solids), and replaced them with some yardage of light small print fabric from the Aviary line. So that fabric will appear a little more in the quilt top, but I thought the small print wouldn't make that as noticeable. Also, I'm using that same fabric for the border and backing as well. I also plan to use one of the green fabrics to create an inner 2" border and have the outer border be 4" instead of the stated 6" in the book. The binding will be in the same soft green color. I wanted to use the green for the binding and inner border to play up the greens a little more and soften down the pinks some. I hope it works. I need to square up the blocks and start stiching them together now.
Well, enough of my yammering, here are the pics: