Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Getting back to quilting

Hope you have a great time with the lovely fabric!

Love your fabric choices, will make a beautiful quilt.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Can't wait to see it!! :D

Good luck, you'll do fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilting G
    I have set up my sewing area aka the dinning room. I have purchased, washed and ironed my fabric. I am ready to start cutting. My first endeavor back is the 10 minute block. Wish me luck.

Welcome back to quilting! I just bought the same star fabric today--going to try a flag wall hanging. Good luck. Please post your finished quilt.

Ok 2 hours and I cut out 16 blocks. I have completed 6. The rest are 2/3rds done as I am chain sewing them and they just have the last seam left. I think the first block took me 7 min from start to finish. Did not sew the middle box down yet. Have not decided if I want to fold the sides down or not. I was also invaded. DH joined me and worked on griding some maps with long and lat lines. Yes he is even using my rulers. Never realized my dinning room lights give off a yellowish light.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I just bought the star fabric today too! It is the backing of a patriotic quilt & I also have some 10 minute blocks in the quilt! Good luck on your quilting endevour!

Hugs, and I am very sorry for the loss of your dear fil. What a great dh to tell you to start fresh. And tears are part of your healing process. The 10 minute block is a great place to start. Just have fun....

Kat

2 hrs and 45 min to cut a put together 16 blocks. Now tonight I square my blocks trim the threads and work on the sashes. I can't wait to see how this turns out. I might be ready to start quilting by this weekend. I better start thinking about backing and bindings. Off to work.

Hey, my dining room is my sewing room, too. At least it is till we move. Tiny house, very little room and us with 12 grandkids who want to spend the summer!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast