Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Going partly GREEN and cleaning up! >

Going partly GREEN and cleaning up!

Going partly GREEN and cleaning up!

Old 08-24-2011, 09:28 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by mytwopals
Your stash is quite impressive. But I can see areas of missing color, which should be corrected right away. I do not see any really bright colors, like yellow, orange, lime green, etc.
lol.. and feel free to send me the ones you dont want to fold.. :XD: Ill make room for them.. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 08-24-2011, 09:31 AM

Very nice!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:33 AM

Oh girl I feel your pain, I'm in the process of destashing. Sewing my fingers to the bone. I want more up to date fabric but have made myself a promise to only buy what I need, you know backings, binding. Your stash looks great! I think you've made room for some more lovelys!
Old 08-24-2011, 10:03 AM

Great job! Isn't it nice to be able to see what you actually have, and to be able to find it when you want to!
Old 08-24-2011, 10:06 AM

It looks great!!

My German Exchange student, after a discussion of why someone is called an Alcoholic or a Shopaholic turned to me and laughed and called me a Fabriholic! This was 4 years ago! I have collected several hundred yards since then.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:38 AM

So does this mean I have to go to FFA(forever fabriholic :( Well the bolts I used are from our Walmart. They usually throw them away and I just asked if they would save them for me and they said yes..so that is where the GREEN work came in :) I have to laugh because they kept saying...you need more bolts...oh ok ......oh and yes I do have bright colors...just over to the right and not in the picture is actually more fabric...I know...I know ...(bowing head) I am sick.....so don't let me buy anymore fabric from any of you ok!!! I need help from everyone!
Old 08-24-2011, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
What a job! But what great results!! Wish I had the empty bolds to re-cycle-and the time to re-arrange everything!
I got the empty bolts from Walmart because they just throw them :) so check your store near you! I saw those plastic boards but thought it would cost me a fortune to do it so then I was thinking about bolts from walmart and called them and it worked out for me!!
Old 08-24-2011, 12:10 PM

I stopped at Jo Ann's one day to pick up some solides to go with my baby fabric and I asked the gal what they did with the empty bolts. she said they throw them why? I said can you throw hem my way. she said how many do you want. I said whatever you got. I got a large garbage bag full. One day I sat down and dut them into 4 pieces same size and now have a laundry basket full waiting for me to wrap my fabric on them. Am going to put in bookcases and hang an heavy clear vinyl or heavy clear shower curtain in front to keep dust off. Then I can still see what I have.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by RatherB Quilting
HOLY COW! Can I come shop at your fabric store?
:)
Me too?
Old 08-24-2011, 04:15 PM

Looking good....nice stash!!