Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Gone with the Wind fabric

Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltluvr
    Do you know in general how soon a second collection gets released after the first?
    Well, for the Wizard of Oz group, they released new prints twice a year. That gives the maker something new to show at the spring and fall Quilt Market (the industry's big trade shows).
    Oh, good to note. Thank so much again for answering that for me.

I'd like to imagine they'd have to have one of Tara too. What's GWTW w/o Tara?

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    [quote=quiltluvrI'd like to imagine they'd have to have one of Tara too. What's GWTW w/o Tara?[/quote]

Yes - not just Tara, but Twelve Oaks as well!

I like the panels with photos. They would be perfect to fussy cut blocks for a Warm Wishes quilt.

I read the book after seeing the movie and I thought they were both so good. I think I'm gonna have to watch it again after seeing this fabric.

Banned
    oh boy, thats a hard one as i love them all except for the green one towards the bottom

Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    a bit late on replying to this post - but I can not WAIT for the fabrics to come out. I have only purchased one "themed" fabric collection along these lines and it was the Brown Bear line and have never been tempted to purchase anything else - until I heard this was coming out! I first read GWTW (which I bought with my own money!) when I was 13 and have re-read it so many times the pages are coming loose. I was just thinking the other day that I need to dig it out and read it again! I also have my great-aunts 1st edition printing of GWTW that she purchased when it was released. I've seen the movie more times than I can count - maybe more than Steel Magnolias, It's a Wonderful Life or Sound of Music!

I would vote that you order all of them!!! I hope they do one with Scarlett in that red dress!

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    The Quilting Treasures sales rep told me that the plan is, if this first grouping of GWTW sells well, then they will print others. Just how many more collections, will depend on how sales go.

(They stretched the Wizard of Oz fabrics out into SIX collections... the last of which is due to come out in January. We're talking about a nearly three-year timespan!)

They are all beautiful. I just wish they had more characters represented. I can see using the panel as a center focus, and adding the others. I would love to try. Gwyn

i think i saw that fabric on fabric.com in clearance items. betty

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4