Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Goodie I got at the 400 mile yard sale today. >

Goodie I got at the 400 mile yard sale today.

Goodie I got at the 400 mile yard sale today.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

My folks decided they wanted to go so me and my DD went with them. The first spot we stopped at had a piece of a quilt in a frame. I stopped and looked at it then went on my way. My My dad see's and calls me over. While we were talking about it the guy says you can have it for $3.00. I told him I would think about it. The guy tells my Dad that is a Jacob's ladder, my Dad says that is exactly what my DD said. She is a quilter and has many quilts right now. Well I saw 3 beautiful old dirty quilts hanging his porch railing. We talked for a while and he told me about how he collects antique quilts. We chat for a little bit more about quilts and when my folks got ready to leave or I should say they were sitting in the truck waiting for me already. I told him thank you and proceeded to leave and he said please take the framed quilt with you. I was shocked. Then he said I would like someone to have it that would appreciate it and if I can't make someone happy then I might not as well be here.
I was tickled pink. My Dad looked at me and you it was because you took the time to listen to him right. Well anyway here is the framed quilt block. I plan on taking it out of the frame and trying to clean it and then hanging it up in my sewing area.

Sorry this is so long.

I realize it is not much but I love it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]206701[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-206695.jpe   attachment-206696.jpe  
Old 06-04-2011, 03:03 PM

I would be thrilled to have that. And you were wonderful to listen to him.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:09 PM

It sounds to me as if you blessed him by talking with him about something you both love - quilts - and he in turn wanted to bless you. It is a beautiful frame and lovely quilt piece. Enjoy them both.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:11 PM

Thats a wonderful story and what a great peice! Love the quilt and the frame too.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:13 PM

What a nice story, enjoy your little quilt, May in Jersey
Old 06-04-2011, 03:16 PM

That is a WONDERFUL story! Gave me goose bumps! The frame and quilt are both beautiful, what a treasure you received. What a nice man!
Old 06-04-2011, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
My folks decided they wanted to go so me and my DD went with them. The first spot we stopped at had a piece of a quilt in a frame. I stopped and looked at it then went on my way. My My dad see's and calls me over. While we were talking about it the guy says you can have it for $3.00. I told him I would think about it. The guy tells my Dad that is a Jacob's ladder, my Dad says that is exactly what my DD said. She is a quilter and has many quilts right now. Well I saw 3 beautiful old dirty quilts hanging his porch railing. We talked for a while and he told me about how he collects antique quilts. We chat for a little bit more about quilts and when my folks got ready to leave or I should say they were sitting in the truck waiting for me already. I told him thank you and proceeded to leave and he said please take the framed quilt with you. I was shocked. Then he said I would like someone to have it that would appreciate it and if I can't make someone happy then I might not as well be here.
I was tickled pink. My Dad looked at me and you it was because you took the time to listen to him right. Well anyway here is the framed quilt block. I plan on taking it out of the frame and trying to clean it and then hanging it up in my sewing area.

Sorry this is so long.
A little kindness goes a long way; you were worthy of receiving this. The frame is gorgeous too.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Power Poster

That is such a sweet story and a beautiful block. I would have paid him the $3.00 and been done with it.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by Jingle
That is such a sweet story and a beautiful block. I would have paid him the $3.00 and been done with it.
I would have given him the money too but I really didn't have it and I was just there for the ride.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:32 PM

wow, thats a great gift! Congrats