Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Got a Quilt top for my Husband Made. (About Time!)

Got a Quilt top for my Husband Made. (About Time!)

My Husband has been "eyeballing" all the quilts I have made this past year. I have yet to do him one. I did find material last year and had been waiting on what block pattern to use. The Fabric is the logos from University of West Virginia. (Hubby graduated from there.) I finally decided on the Disappearing 9-Patch. I finished the top and Off to the quilter's it goes. His birthday is the end of July so I hope to get it back before then.

Thanks for looking.
    (sorry the picture is not to great but I was sneaking behind his back.)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Great quilt! I'm working on my first D9P now.

He's going to be super surprised! And happy! That's a fabulous quilt! And your husband is one ahead of mine... LOL! I bought a bunch of flannel to make mine a quilt well over a year ago & it's still in the box it came in... oops! But after seeing your DH's, now I'm inspired! No more of this being the shoemaker's children!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    Nicely done. My DH loves the quilt I made him when I first started quilting. I'm sure it is time for a new one. You have inspired me!

Blog Entries
    Poor husband... He will be happy

To are too lucky, I made me hubby a king size quilt, & I decided to make it extra special & hand quilt it...Well It may take a century to finish. The blocks are 3" squares and I decided to make a x in each sq. & to go around each a 1/4" in from seam. But was I asking for work. Well he said he would wait for it & watch the progress I make on it. VERY SLOW... I work on smaller projects & I do have a second quilt on frame also ready to hand quilt. Your hubby will love his quilt.

I love the D9P - it's so simple and yet looks really complicated! I empathize with your plight - my husband too eyeballed each of my creations, with each compliment always followed by "where's mine?". I bought fabric but didn;'t know what to do wtih it - he finally got his quilt for his birthday this past January. It's a king size snowball pattern I found in Fons & Porter, and I named it Snowball Fight because I SID'd it on my sewing machine. I suppose I should post pics....perhaps tonight. congrats on the completion of another UFO!
    She looks for wool and flax And works with her hands in delight.

Power Poster
    Very nice quilt. He will love it.

very nice! my fiance keeps asking me where his stuff is.. i'll make him something eventually!! he doesn't collect t shirts or anything so it will be difficult to find something to sew for him

Power Poster
    Looks wonderful!
    It will be loved!