Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Gracie Handbag

Gracie Handbag

Hello~

Made the Gracie handbag for my 'spring' purse. I had made the purse once before but thought it was a little on the flimsy side with just batting so this time I added interfacing (ironed it on to the batting) which helped stiffen it up a bit. I also added interfacing to the flap but now wish I hadn't because it made it a little too stiff.

One of the best things my husband bought me was an iPad2! I love that thing! It's so handy to have in my sewing room because I can look things up or watch 'how to' videos on YouTube if I'm not sure how to do something. Well, enjoy this spring morning and hopefully you're having better weather than we are in SE Minnesota. Still lots of rain and a few lingering snow piles.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Sandra B

ooo How pretty good job!!!love it wish it was mind.
    Bring Your Conscious awareness to the source of loving and Caring

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Looks great. I especially like the extra touch you put on your flower with the beads.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Blog Entries
    nicely done
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    very nice!

Blog Entries
    Beautiful job on the purse! Snowing like the dickens here right now (southern MN) 30 mph winds predicted tonight with it!
    Mavis

I have become a believer in Soft and Stable from byAnnie. I have used it in the last 3 purses I've made and I really like it. It gives good body to a purse (they will stand up on their own), and you don't have to quilt it like you do regular batting. You might want to try some of that in your next purse. I've made this pattern, too, and I really liked it--so much I wore it out on the corners!
    Regina in Richmond, KY

Love your bag. I add interfacing to all my totes and bags to make them stiffer. Thanks for sharing.

That is one cute bag, I make totes, and I use high loft poly batting. It makes it stiff enough for me. It is nice when you know what to do to fix any problems that come up, when you make it yourself. I loved the flower, and the beads, they were a very nice touch. Enjoy your nice, new, purse. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Pauline

Blog Entries
    I love purses! And what's not to love about yours! Lots of pockets is always a requirement!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast