Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Granddayghter's Quilt >

Granddayghter's Quilt

Granddayghter's Quilt

Old 06-25-2015, 06:29 PM

I am sitting here crying. Good luck to your granddaughter in college. Lovely quilt. Wish I could do such beautiful work.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:34 PM

Your quilt top is very lovely, but the quilting is gorgeous! Best wishes to your granddaughter in college, a long healthy life and everything God can give her!
Old 06-25-2015, 07:13 PM
Power Poster

That is a beautiful quilt. I had two cousins who died from that when I was growing up. We now have a great niece who is living with it, and she will soon be 16. This is dear to my heart.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by DianeR View Post
Beautiful quilt and story. Hope your granddaughter lives a long, healthy and happy life now.
I couldn't agree more! Lovely story and quilt! Pattern name please?
Old 06-26-2015, 04:46 AM
Power Poster

What a very pretty quilt you made her. I am sure she will always treasure this quilt that you made with so much love wrapped in with the fabric and thread.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:03 AM
Power Poster

Wow. Love the quilt and your story. My nephew passed away at the age of 5 with this disease back in the early 70's.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:21 AM
lue

What a lovely quilt and I'm so happy that she has a new life. Testimony to organ donation and your love for her! Best wishes to her in college.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:37 AM
Power Poster

Ditto to all that has been said. Blessings to your granddaughter on her new journey in life. BrendaK
Old 06-26-2015, 09:44 AM

Thank you all so much for the wonderful comments--very heartwarming To those of you who have loved ones who have died from this terrible disease, my heart and sympathies go out to you. For those who have loved ones fighting CF, know that there are so many advances in medicine to fight CF and more will come I am sure. Our GD had to have surgery when she is one day old for a bowel obstruction, and we learned that day that she had CF. For 17 years she had progressively better treatments. Take heart and know there are thousands of people praying for all with CF and for the cure. Again, thank you all again, and blessings on all of you.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:50 AM

One more thing. Your faith in humanity will be restored by knowing that hundreds and hundreds of people supported Judy through the years. Many many fundraisers were held for her and over $70,000 were raised to help pay for her surgery. It seemed that people could not do enough for her. As our daughter always said, "God is good, and so are people".