Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Handkerchief Rag Quilt

It's beautiful and what a wonderful way to showcase old handkerchiefs. You have a great collection there. I remember a time when women always had a handkerchief in her purse or pocket. I'm dating myself here, but I received many unique and beautiful handkerchiefs when I graduated from high school, as that was a common gift to give back then.

so pretty and dainty I love it

please do a tut on your creation

Blog Entries
    I love, love, love that quilt. Nice job!

This is really pretty! I wish hankies were easier to find. When I do find them they are expensive.
    :-)
    CAS

Did you wash and dry the flannel before sewing with it? I know it shrinks a lot. Have you washed the quilt yet?
    Fur is flying
    and so are
    little bits of fabric and thread!

Thanks so much for sharing. Do you mind if we copy the idea? I just love it.

This is so pretty and delicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Geneva51 View Post
    Your quilt is beautiful!!! Wish I could find old handkerchiefs to do the same.
    I have not been to the Amish Stores around here in a few years but they use to have beautiful hankies for about two bucks apiece. They are not super old fashion quality but look a lot like the ones used in this rag quilt. My memory has me thinking they may have been thin, though, and if they still have the hankies, I will fuse mine first to iron-on, thin cotton interfacing. I will make a visit in the next couple of weeks and see if these unique variety stores still sell them and post here and then send off some to whoever wants them. No upcharges; just cost and shipping which can send after you receive them. Also, every so often you will find hankies at Dollar Tree!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
    This is really pretty! I wish hankies were easier to find. When I do find them they are expensive.
    Offer, I have not been to the Amish Stores around here in a few years but they use to have beautiful hankies for about two bucks apiece. They are not super old fashion quality but look a lot like the ones used in this rag quilt. My memory has me thinking they may have been thin, though, and if they still have the hankies, I will fuse mine first to iron-on, thin cotton interfacing. I will make a visit in the next couple of weeks and see if these unique variety stores still sell them and post here and then send off some to whoever wants them. No upcharges; just cost and shipping which can send after you receive them. Also, every so often you will find hankies at Dollar Tree!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast