hahaha, I feel so foolish, here is the story and some pics lol.
I should know better, anyway, I lit a nice peach candle a friend gave me for Christmas in the studio where the children live (the doggies). And needing to blame someone, hubby is one who told me to do it ahahhaahha
Anyway I started to work on my quilts. I did have a large space to work on and didn't think the candle posed a problem, even tho my mind said to blow it out.
I remember flinging the quilt top to start working on one side, when I thought I saw a flash of light. I was going to ingnore it but decided to look and there was my quilt on fire....
I quickly beat it out, thank God it had just caught and it wasn't bad.
it burned half the diamond and three sections of the strips
here I cut the bad parts out
all fixed you can't even tell, it is patchwork after all lol