Hello everyone. I recently made a batik wall hanging using QAYG, the method where strips are stitched down by hand on the back. I googled around for methods of machine stitching but there were none that seemed satisfactory to me. Many of them showed stitiching in the sashing on the front and I didn't like that.
So I hit on the idea of using Wundaweb, (I think you US ppl know it as Steam a Seam), to hold a folded strip of binding in place on the back. I then SITD on the front either side of the black sashing to hold it firmly in place. I was so pleased that it worked! If anyone would like further info on how I did it, I did take some progress pics. :-D
showing black sashing and SITD - I did this block by block then row by row
The strips wundaweb'ed then stitched on the back