This wall hanging caught my eye in a magazine. I increased the size of pieces, so had to figure out most--using algebra/ratios. One piece--the rectangle at the top of the heart is off--it was too big, so I see what it did at the bottom where it looks like a butterfly--uneven. Rats. I've 100% run out of this red--so glad there was enough to finish these five hearts.
UPDATE: Borders now added. I had 2" red strips cut to add a third, but decided a red binding would be perfect.
The way the original was--I didn't like how the actual blocks stood out from the background--the lights are scrappy, but I made sure it didn't look like the hearts were distinctly different blocks.
This pattern called for 5 squares, but I ah, made 30. :oops: It seems such a waste to toss those 1.75" squares for the start to the log cabin section. :oops: So--- more to come, but the rest won't look like this one at all--nope. They are scrappy, and there's a waaaaayyyy different background on the next one, or two, or three. :wink: