Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: help in identifing pattern

I guess i was only meant to make one.. I will just quilt it, bind it and label it Pretty...
    Thanks everyone for your help
    Happy Quilting

Talking

Yea! My friend who was in my quilt class remembered the name and had the pattern to share with me. It is called
    Rhubarb Twist by Terry Atkinson..
    I may still call it "Pretty"
    Thank you for all the help ladies..

Hope you share your finished version! http://www.fonsandporter.com/slidesh...l?slide_id=509

I didn't see Rhubarb Twist on Terry Atkinson's page! But I did find two similar blocks. Could it be Wheels or Whirligig?

Wheels is from 1976 (Progressive Farmer), and it looks like yours except that compared to it, yours is on point. It's in Barbara Brackman's Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns (#1278) and Maggie Malone's 5,500 Quilt Block Designs (p. 167).

Whirligig (from 1931) is more complicated because its triangles are in three pieces, but I can't really tell where all your seams are. That one's in Jinny Beyer's Quilter's Album of Patchwork Patterns.

Whirligig instructions are on Marcia Hohn's Quilter's Cache, God bless her, although the colors aren't arranged like yours: http://www.quilterscache.com/W/WhirligigBlock.html

Anyhoo, I'm sure you'll have fun with it, 'cuz it's a really pretty block.
    Last edited by FieldGuidetoQuilts.com; 09-02-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2