Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help with sewing machine issue please!

I'm having a problem with the stitch on my Bernina 1130. It's not forming a tight stitch. The top stitch goes along and looks ok, then it will start to look flat. See photo... the bottom is the loopy side. Any ideas? I've cleaned the machine, used a new needle, new bobbin, same good quality thread on top and bottom. I've thought about oiling the machine, but haven't done it yet. I can't do the 70 mile roundtrip, or the 100.00 repair cost right now and I'm certain it's something simple. I'm sure hoping that someone here can help figure it out so I can get my projects done!

Bernina 1130 stitch problem
    Name:  Attachment-241059.jpe
Views: 372
Size:  82.5 KB

Have you tryed changing the tension?

Maybe try cleaning your bobbin case again and then rewind your bobbin be sure it is put in correctly. You are right usually it is something very small that is just a little off. Hope this helps

Judy in Phx

Blog Entries
    Have you checked for lint or thread in the upper tension/thread area? Rethread your machine? I used to work parttime for a sewing shop and the repairman told me if you are having lower problems rethread the top, if you are having upper problems rethread the bottom. Hope this helps.

That's definitely a tension problem. I would rethread and check the tension on your bobbin case. It doesn't usually happen, but the bobbin tension can come loose over time and depending on type of thread being used.

Two days ago, had a very similar problem. I FINALLY (my last resort) changed the bobbin. Tah Duh - now it sews beautiful again.

The only thing I could figure out is that somehow the bobbin thread tension wasn't even when I filled the bobbin.

Good luck.

You need to oil the machine and try fixing the bottom thread tension. This will more than likely fix the problem

Blog Entries
    If there is any lint or thread caught between the upper tension discs, that can cause this problem. Try flossing between the discs with *unwaxed* dental floss (with presser foot up).

If that doesn't work, I would try using a different bobbin.

It sounds like your machine is not being oiled properly and probably does need a servicing.

Blog Entries
    clean. then always re-thread the top and remove and re-insert the bobbin. usually does the trick.
    something went wrong last night using Rayon thread. i had a whole long stitch across my quilt with loops on the back. did the above and it worked fine the rest of the time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast